Modern scientists consider that hypothermia (low body temperature) may be the cause of many diseases, including cancer, and even a 1.8° increase of the body temperature may improve the immune function by 40% and can enhance production of enzymes and hormones by up to 50% and stimulate the metabolic processes up to 12% by increasing calories burn and fat loss.
Both negative ions and infrared heat go into the body through the thick layer of natural amethyst crystals covering the surface of the mat’s construction. Amethyst crystal refraction organizes the far infrared light and negative ions into patterns with the highest biocompatibility and healing effects. When used at higher temperatures, far infrared therapy can create a false fever in the body with its deeply penetrating heat from four to six inches into the body. A fever stimulates the immune system into producing more white blood cells, antibodies, and a protein called interferon, all of which work to protect your body against harmful microorganisms. Just a one or two degree increase can produce very healing effects. Fever also increases the metabolism.
Amid all this activity, your circulation is increased, stimulating natural detoxication, thus increasing your metabolism. The deeply penetrating heat is very relaxing and soothes stressed muscles and reduces pain and inflammation.
Modern Far Infrared Amethyst Mat Benefits
There are so many health benefits to far infrared therapy! Here are a few of the many far infrared therapy benefits:
- Improves Circulation & Cardiovascular Function: Far infrared therapy raises body temperature, warming the blood and expanding the blood vessels. This creates an increase in peripheral blood ow and volume, resulting in improved circulation and heart function, as well as oxygenation.
- Improves Immune System Function: Far infrared rays’ deeply penetrating heat raises body temperature, inducing an artificial and healthy fever, which promotes the killing of many pathogens, including bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites. As the body works to combat the “fever,” the body’s immune system is activated and strengthened by increasing production of white blood cells. Combined with the detoxication of harmful toxins and waste products, one’s overall health and resistance to disease are greatly improved.
- Relieves Pain and Chronic Inflammation: The deep penetrating heat of the far infrared therapy helps peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to the muscles and soft tissue injuries. Increased blood circulation carries away metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to depleted muscles, so they recover faster.
- Burns Calories and Controls Weight: As one relaxes in the gentle heat of the far infrared mat, one’s body is hard at work, producing sweat, pumping blood and burning calories. According to a Journal of the American Medical Association report, a single far infrared session burns as many calories as rowing or jogging for 30 minutes.
- Eases Joint Pain and Stiffness: Far infrared heat therapy is widely used to treat patients who are suffering from many kinds of arthritic and musculoskeletal disorders. In addition, it has been proven effective in the treatment of sprains, neuralgia, bursitis, muscle spasms, joint stiffness and many other musculoskeletal ailments by increasing the growth of cells, DNA and protein synthesis necessary for tissue repair and regeneration. Stiffness, aches and soreness that come with aging are reduced or eliminated using far infrared therapy.
- Reduces Stress and Fatigue: The gentle warmth of the far infrared rays helps to sooth nerves and relax tight or knotted muscles by heating the muscle fibers. The result is an improvement in the balance of blood pressure, blood sugar and nutrients in the cells resulting in increased muscle strength, mental stability and improved energy.
- Improves Skin: The FIR’s heat and negative ions penetrate deeply into the body, through the skin, helping to detoxify impurities from the skin and lymphatic system. In addition, the far infrared greatly enhances exfoliation by rapidly removing dead skin cells. Increased circulation draws the skin’s own natural nutrients to the surface, rejuvenating the skin’s health and appearance.
- Assists in Detoxication: Far infrared therapy helps to detoxify the body in several important ways. Increased blood circulation stimulates the sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins and waste. Daily sweating can help detoxify the body as it rids itself of an accumulation of potentially carcinogenic heavy metals, alcohol, nicotine, sodium, sulfuric acid, cholesterol, and uric acid. In addition to causing the body to sweat, far infrared is capable of removing toxins via several other bodily systems.
“High intensity infrared treatments can produce die-o of spirochaetes, and this can sometimes produce Herxheimer, or “detox” reactions. But these reactions will diminish after a few sessions. Still, it is good to start with a medium setting and work up. Some people are less tolerant of heat than others, and in some cases, it can be due to the fact they have more toxins to remove than others.”